Police chaplains help officers, families in times of crisis
By Joelyn Hansen
Idaho Falls Post Register
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — In the moments following a fatal crash, homicide or suicide, a police officer has work to do.
His or her resources - and those of fellow officers - are needed to figure out how the crash happened and who may be at fault. Because of this, officers are often pulled away from consoling survivors and loved ones.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic