Police chaplains help officers, families in times of crisis
By Joelyn Hansen
Idaho Falls Post Register
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — In the moments following a fatal crash, homicide or suicide, a police officer has work to do.
His or her resources - and those of fellow officers - are needed to figure out how the crash happened and who may be at fault. Because of this, officers are often pulled away from consoling survivors and loved ones.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds