Shot N.C. officer dies from injuries
By John Hinton
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — People showed their respect for Sgt. Mickey Hutchens of the Winston-Salem Police Department in two ways yesterday-- more than 200 took part in a blood drive at Forbush High School, and others left flowers and cards on Hutchens' patrol car parked at the city's public-safety center on North Cherry Street.
Hutchens, 50, died Monday night, five days after being shot in the face by a man fleeing police who responded to a domestic-disturbance call at the Bojangles' restaurant on Peters Creek Parkway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Shot N.C. officer dies from injuries
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms