Shot N.C. officer dies from injuries
By John Hinton
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — People showed their respect for Sgt. Mickey Hutchens of the Winston-Salem Police Department in two ways yesterday-- more than 200 took part in a blood drive at Forbush High School, and others left flowers and cards on Hutchens' patrol car parked at the city's public-safety center on North Cherry Street.
Hutchens, 50, died Monday night, five days after being shot in the face by a man fleeing police who responded to a domestic-disturbance call at the Bojangles' restaurant on Peters Creek Parkway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Shot N.C. officer dies from injuries
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman