Thousands attend memorial for Vegas officer lauded as a 'true warrior'
By Mike Blasky
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — As Las Vegas police officer Milburn "Millie" Beitel lay dying at University Medical Center last week, James Bertuccini took what seemed to be the longest car ride of his life to be at his best friend's side.
"A wave of terror ran through my body," Bertuccini said Wednesday at Beitel's funeral. "I just said, 'Please, God, not my friend.'"
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court