Thousands attend memorial for Vegas officer lauded as a 'true warrior'
By Mike Blasky
Las Vegas Review-Journal
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — As Las Vegas police officer Milburn "Millie" Beitel lay dying at University Medical Center last week, James Bertuccini took what seemed to be the longest car ride of his life to be at his best friend's side.
"A wave of terror ran through my body," Bertuccini said Wednesday at Beitel's funeral. "I just said, 'Please, God, not my friend.'"
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman