Chicago cop severely wounded in Afghanistan called 'a miracle guy'
Doctors told Pedro Medina that the injuries he suffered fighting in Afghanistan had left him paralyzed. But six months later, the Chicago cop is walking. "Pete's an inspiration for us and his fellow soldiers," his longtime partner says.
By Frank Main
CHICAGO — When the mortar rounds started exploding around him, Master Sgt. Pedro Medina scrambled for cover.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman