N.J. officers honor fallen brothers at annual Blue Mass
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — The widow of slain Jersey City Police Detective Marc DiNardo had a place of honor this morning at the annual Blue Mass for law enforcement at the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark.
Mary DiNardo, whose husband was mortally wounded during a shootout with two armed robbery suspects in a Reed Street apartment building in July, also was among those chosen to bring the bread and wine to the altar for communion at the Mass that draws law enforcement from around the archdiocese of Newark.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help