Friends, family mourn Pa. officer ambushed by parolee
Penn Hills officer was 'in love with the job'
By Dan Majors
PITTSBURGH — Michael Crawshaw grew up loving his family, his friends and hunting. His love of police work came a little later in life.
"I don't think he grew up necessarily wanting to be a police officer, but he fell in love with the job," his aunt, Pat Schwartzbauer of Franklin Park, said last night. "His first job was behind a desk, and he wasn't satisfied behind a desk."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help