Wis. officer's death reaches beyond family
Officer Steve Bauer died last week after battling cancer
By Mark Schaaf
Milawaukee Journal Sentinel
WEST ALLIS, Wis. — Steve Bauer loved being a police officer.
It showed - not only on duty, but off - throughout his 15 years in the West Allis Police Department. His pleasant attitude made him well-liked among other officers. Virtually no one had any problems with him, they said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. officer's death reaches beyond family
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman