Wis. officer's death reaches beyond family
Officer Steve Bauer died last week after battling cancer
By Mark Schaaf
Milawaukee Journal Sentinel
WEST ALLIS, Wis. — Steve Bauer loved being a police officer.
It showed - not only on duty, but off - throughout his 15 years in the West Allis Police Department. His pleasant attitude made him well-liked among other officers. Virtually no one had any problems with him, they said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. officer's death reaches beyond family
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help