Pregnant woman saves Texas officer from attack
ALTON, Texas — A pregnant woman helped break up a scuffle between an Alton police officer and a group of teenagers who attacked him over the weekend, officials said.
The officer was responding to a disturbance at a home near the intersection of Nixon Avenue and Linares Street when the group allegedly pounced on the officer and began to physically assault him, Alton police Sgt. Mike Luna said.
A pregnant woman ran up to the group and tried to help the officer, who suffered minor injuries from the attack. It was unclear whether the woman knew the suspects.
Read full story: Pregnant woman helps break up fight between officer, teens
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'