SC 'hero' deputy shot in the face
Charleston County Deputy Jeffrey DeGrow was calm, collected on radio tape despite wounds
Post and Courier
CHARLESTON, S.C. — As well-wishers from police departments across the region filled her father's hospital room Friday afternoon, Sydney DeGrow, 9, slipped quietly across the hall and sat down with a magenta sparkle pen and a notebook.
The day before, a burglary suspect had shot her dad, Charleston County Deputy Jeffrey DeGrow, in the head and arm. One bullet went through part of his eye and was still lodged in his skull.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SC 'hero' deputy shot in the face
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic