Death of Calif. officer resonates 10 years later
When 'a simple arrest' went tragically wrong
VALLEJO, Calif. — In the long history of Vallejo, only three police officers have been killed in the line of duty. All by gunfire. All in early April.
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the shooting death of 21-year veteran Vallejo police officer Jeffrey Azuar at the hands of Joseph Teitgen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Death of Calif. officer resonates 10 years later
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help