Fallen Minn. police officer honored in ceremony
Sgt. Joseph Bergeron was remembered as a hero and warrior
St. Paul Pioneer Press
ST. PAUL — In a room adorned with sketches by St. Paul school children, all of them praising police, St. Paul police officer David Longbehn's battered black eyes teared up.
"This is nothing. I am so lucky to be standing here with just this," he said of his injuries during a Wednesday night news conference at St. Paul police headquarters. "There's a family of a member of the law enforcement community who is there without their dad and without their husband and without their son and brother."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fallen Minn. police officer honored in ceremony
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy