Fallen Minn. police officer honored in ceremony
Sgt. Joseph Bergeron was remembered as a hero and warrior
St. Paul Pioneer Press
ST. PAUL — In a room adorned with sketches by St. Paul school children, all of them praising police, St. Paul police officer David Longbehn's battered black eyes teared up.
"This is nothing. I am so lucky to be standing here with just this," he said of his injuries during a Wednesday night news conference at St. Paul police headquarters. "There's a family of a member of the law enforcement community who is there without their dad and without their husband and without their son and brother."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fallen Minn. police officer honored in ceremony
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help