Houston memorial honors city's fallen officers
Service marks the start of a week honoring police who have died in the line of duty
By Mike Glenn
The Houston Chronicle
In 2009, 126 police officers throughout the nation lost their lives in the line of duty. One of those was Houston police officer Henry Canales, who was shot to death in June during an undercover sting operation.
In a solemn Friday evening ceremony at the Houston Police Officers' Memorial, Mayor Annise Parker and HPD Chief Charles McClelland Jr., paid tribute to all fallen Houston police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Houston memorial honors city's fallen officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman