Off-duty Md. trooper shot, killed
He was shot and killed while working security at a restaurant
Duty Death: Wesley Brown - [Maryland State Police, Maryland]
FORESTVILLE, Md. — Police say an off-duty Maryland state trooper working security at a Prince George's County restaurant has been shot and killed.
Prince George's County police spokesman Officer Henry Tippett says Trooper Wesley Brown escorted a disorderly customer from an Applebee's on Thursday evening. Tippett says when Brown was leaving the restaurant around 12:40 a.m. Friday, the customer shot him in the parking lot.
He says Brown was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The suspect is still being sought. Police shut down a street for most of the early morning and were searching every car traveling through the area.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert