After tribute to slain cop, mom offers tip on how to honor him
'Reach out and help somebody,' she says
By Fran Spielman
Chicago Sun Times
CHICAGO — Ever since their police officer son was gunned down in front of their Chatham home by thugs trying to steal his motorcycle, Thomas and Carolyn Wortham have been besieged by Chicagoans who want to know what they can do, how they can help.
After listening to Wednesday's moving City Council tribute to their son, Carolyn Wortham offered some advice that goes beyond making donations to a foundation in the name of 30-year-old Thomas Wortham IV.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy