Video: Tampa cops remember fallen officers
By PoliceOne Staff
TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa police officers David Curtis and Jeffrey Kocabs were shot and killed during a traffic stop early Tuesday morning. In the video below, fellow Tampa officers Whitney McCormick, Jeremy Larson and Jason Ward fight back tears while telling personal and professional stories about their relationships with the two fallen officers.
The incident began when officer Curtis pulled over a red Toyota Camry at 2:15 Tuesday morning because it didn't have a visible tag. He called Kocabs for backup after a background check revealed that the male passenger in the car was wanted on a misdemeanor. The suspect ultimately shot the two officers and fled the scene. A search for the killer is still in progress.
Officers begin speaking and answering questions about one minute into the 23-minute long video.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'