Miss. cop dies one month after car wreck
He is survived by his wife, three children, and seven grandchildren
Duty Death: David Lambert - [Warren County, Mississippi]
By PoliceOne Staff
WARREN COUNTY, Miss. — Deputy David Lambert succumbed to injuries sustained in an automobile accident one month earlier. He driving in search of a deputy who had called for assistance. He swerved to avoid a vehicle at the intersection of U.S. Highway 61 and Oak Ridge Road.
His patrol car overturned, causing him to suffer severe injuries. He was flown to a nearby hospital where he underwent several surgeries before succumbing to his injuries on Tuesday.
Deputy Lambert had served with the Warren County Sheriff's Department for seven months and had served in law enforcement for a total of 15 years. He had previously served with the University of Mississippi Medical Center Police Department, River Oaks Medical Center Security Division, and Ross Barnett Reservoir Patrol.
He is survived by his wife, three children, and seven grandchildren.
Read more on OMDP.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman