Cop killed, recruit injured during Ill. pursuit
Officer Jeremy Hubbard is survived by his wife and two sons
Duty Death: Jeremy Hubbard - [Cowden, Illinois]
By PoliceOne Staff
EFFINGHAM COUNTY, Ill. — Officer Jeremy Hubbard was killed, and a ride along was injured, when his patrol car crashed as he pursued a vehicle that had no license plates.
Officer Hubbard had chased the vehicle approximately 15 miles, into Effingham County, before his patrol car went out of control and overturned. He was ejected from the vehicle when it flipped over. He was transported to the nearest hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Officer Hubbard had served as one of the Cowden Police Department's two part-time officers for four years. He is survived by his wife and two sons.
Red more on ODMP.org.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform