La. sergeant shot, killed during burglary
He is survived by his wife and two daughters
Duty Death: Thomas Alexander - [Rayville, Louisiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
RICHLAND PARISH, La. — Sergeant Thomas Alexander was shot and killed while responding to a burglary in progress in Richland Parish, La.
A woman had called 911 to report the sound of breaking glass. Sergeant Alexander responded to the scene despite the call coming from outside of the city limit.
Alexander was the first officer to arrive at the scene and began searching the home. The three suspects were hidden inside and opened fire as he conducted the search. Responding deputies heard the shots as they arrived on the scene and took one of the suspects into custody inside the home. The two other suspects were apprehended a short time later.
Sergeant Alexander had served with the Rayville Police Department for 13 years and had previously served with the Richland Parish Sheriff's Office for seven years. He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
Read more on ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house