39 Pa. cops and firefighters honored for courage
'The police industry, nationwide, got some negative stories lately,' said Lt. Norman Davenport of the Philadelphia Police Homicide Unit, which received a team award for its efforts to reduce the homicide rate in the city
By Michael Brocker
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — There were moments when Upper Darby Police Officer Raymond Blohm thought about quitting his dream job and never returning to the streets again.
"I had doubts and, yes, a lot of sleepless nights at first," he said of a shooting this year that left him injured and struggling with questions about his career.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 39 Pa. cops and firefighters honored for courage
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform