Victim screams as Chicago cops foil rape attempt
Initially responded because the victim's wallet was reported lying outside the apartment building
By Rosemary Sobol
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — A woman saved by officers who walked into her Lincoln Park apartment as she was being raped told police another man had accompanied her attacker in Thursday night's break-in, authorities said.
Police initially went to the unit because the 28-year-old victim's wallet was reported lying on a back porch outside the apartment building in the 1100 block of West Dickens. When the officers entered the woman's apartment, they saw her being sexually assaulted in her own bed, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Victim screams as Chicago cops foil rape attempt
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help