Hit-and-run driver kills Ind. cop on bike patrol training
Officer Will Phillips is survived by his wife and two young sons
Duty Death: Will Phillips - [Greenfield, Indiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
GREENFIELD, Ind. — Officer Will Phillips was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver while on bike patrol training at approximately 12:45 am.
He and two other members of the bike patrol team had just finished their shift and were conducting a training ride on department issued bikes. They were riding on U.S. 40 between Greenfield and Knightstown when he was struck by a vehicle which then fled the scene. All of the officers were wearing helmets and had lights on their bikes on uniforms.
The driver of the vehicle that struck Officer Phillips remains at large.
Officer Phillips is survived by his wife and two young sons.
Read more on ODMP.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman