NJ officer dies in collision with pole
The 17-year-veteran is survived by his wife and son
Duty Death: John Abraham - [Teaneck, New Jersey]
By PoliceOne Staff
TEANECK, NJ — Police Officer John Abraham was killed in an automobile accident on Teaneck Road at approximately 2:00 am.
Officer Abraham was on patrol on Teaneck Road between Holland Terrace and Bennett Street when his patrol car collided with a utility pole, causing him to suffer fatal injuries.
He was transported to Holy Name Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries a few hours later.
Officer Abraham had served with the Teaneck Police Department for 17 years. He is survived by his wife and son.
Read more on ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court