Texas cop hit by drunk driver last week dies
Cop graduated from police academy just seven weeks earlier
Duty Death: Sergio Antillon - [San Antonio Police Department, Texas]
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Officer Sergio Antillon succumbed to injuries sustained one week earlier when he was struck by a drunk driver.
He was still in uniform and had just finished his shift when he stopped to assist another motorist on Loop 410 while heading home. Just as a duty officer stopped at the scene, a drunk driver struck Officer Antillon as well as the motorist.
Officer Antillon was transported to University Hospital where he remained unconscious until passing away.
The driver was arrested and faces charges in connection with Officer Antillon's death.
Officer Antillon had graduated from the police academy only seven weeks before the accident.
Read more on ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help