Ind. deputy found dead in squad car
Sgt. Joseph Cox died after suffering a medical emergency while responding to a crash Sunday
Duty Death: Joseph Cox - [Allen County, Indiana]
End of Service: 02/12/2017
By PoliceOne Staff
ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. – A deputy died after suffering a medical emergency while responding to a crash Sunday.
According to WANE, Sgt. Joseph Cox, a 19-year veteran officer, was found unconscious in his patrol car in the middle of a field and died at the scene.
Cox served in the Allen County Sheriff’s Department’s Confinement Division, Communications/Dispatch Center, Civil, Warrants, and Patrol Divisions. He was a member of the SWAT team, Honor Guard, and was a K-9 handler, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert