Texas police officer saves teenager's life
He drove up and saw a 17-year-old girl sitting on the edge, ready to jump
By Katie Bauer
LUBBOCK, Texas — Lubbock Police Officers respond to thousands of calls a week, and most will tell you every day is different. But LPD says one troubled teen owes her life to officer Garret Winters, and his dash cam video captured the dramatic rescue.
"Officers go into work every day and they really don't know what's ahead of them for the day," said Captain Greg Stevens.
Lubbock Police Officer Garret Winters was responding to a call around 5 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. He drove up to the overpass at North Loop 289 and MLK, when he saw a 17-year-old girl sitting on the edge, ready to jump. "There's no way to really appreciate or understand the thought process or that situation without having to actually stand there and face it," said Stevens.
Read more on KCBD.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman