Texas deputy dies eight days after wreck
The deputy had been with the department for two years
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT BEND, Texas — Deputy John Norsworthy succumbed to injuries sustained in an automobile accident on December 27, 2010.
He was en route to backup another officer on a traffic stop when his patrol car left the roadway and struck a tree near the intersection of FM 762 and Benton Road. Deputy Norsworthy was trapped in his vehicle for almost an hour before rescue crews could free him. He was flown to a hospital in Houston where he remained until succumbing to his injuries.
Deputy Norsworthy had served with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office for two years and had previously served with the Rosenberg Police Department.
Read more on ODMP.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman