Oregon chief killed with own weapon
Chief Ralph Painter is survived by his wife and seven children
Duty Death: Chief of Police Ralph Painter - [Rainier, Oregon]
RAINIER, Ore. — The police chief of Rainier, Oregon, struggled with a theft suspect at a car audio shop and was killed by a gunshot Wednesday, officials said.
Chief Ralph Painter responded Wednesday morning to a disturbance at Rainier Sound Authority, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oregon chief killed with own weapon
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform