Beloved veteran Calif. chief steps aside
"I do not plan to just sit back there and raise vegetables and horses," he said. "I plan on getting involved"
By John Asbury
The Press Enterprise
HEMET, Calif. — Richard Dana spent his career leading police officers through tragedy and turmoil.
During his tenure with Riverside police, he oversaw an internal affairs investigation into a shooting that splintered the city. He finished his career as chief of the Hemet Police Department just as a series of attacks on officers ended.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Beloved veteran Calif. chief steps aside
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help