Beloved veteran Calif. chief steps aside
"I do not plan to just sit back there and raise vegetables and horses," he said. "I plan on getting involved"
By John Asbury
The Press Enterprise
HEMET, Calif. — Richard Dana spent his career leading police officers through tragedy and turmoil.
During his tenure with Riverside police, he oversaw an internal affairs investigation into a shooting that splintered the city. He finished his career as chief of the Hemet Police Department just as a series of attacks on officers ended.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Beloved veteran Calif. chief steps aside
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house