Report details St. Petersburg officers' heroics in death of two cops
State Attorney's Office says the shooting of Hydra Lacy Jr. was justified and praises the efforts to save three wounded officers
By Curtis Krueger, Stephen Nohlgren, Kris Hundley
St. Petersburg Times
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The basic facts of Jan. 24 are seared into the community's soul.
A St. Petersburg police officer killed in a shoot-out with a wanted man hiding in an attic. Another killed trying to rescue the first. A wounded deputy marshal who survived the siege that ended with the death of Hydra Lacy Jr. and the razing of the bright orange house where it all happened.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy