Philly cop honored for heroism in duck-boat tragedy
Philadelphia Detective Timothy Brooks sprang into action and started pulling people from the Delaware when a tour boat struck a barge last summer
By Miriam Hill
The Philadelphia Inquirer
The minute he heard that a barge had hit a duck boat last summer, sending passengers overboard, Philadelphia Detective Timothy Brooks ran from his Old City office and started pulling people from the Delaware.
He rescued a woman and her three children.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police