Tenn. cop doused in lighter fluid, saves suicidal man
Ronald Fisher has been charged with attempted second-degree murder, but police are asking for a court-ordered mental evaluation
By Joy Lukachick
Chattanooga Times Free Press
An Athens, Tenn., officer who was doused in lighter fluid and almost set on fire said he only had a second to react.
"That's not something you think about every day ... being set on fire," patrol officer Lee Reagan said Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms