Tenn. cop doused in lighter fluid, saves suicidal man
Ronald Fisher has been charged with attempted second-degree murder, but police are asking for a court-ordered mental evaluation
By Joy Lukachick
Chattanooga Times Free Press
An Athens, Tenn., officer who was doused in lighter fluid and almost set on fire said he only had a second to react.
"That's not something you think about every day ... being set on fire," patrol officer Lee Reagan said Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy