Man sentenced to 14 years in Calif. officer's killing
Krist Antonio Wiggins' sentence was the longest possible based on verdicts by juries
By Will Bigham
Inland Valley (Calif.) Daily Bulletin
FONTANA - A man convicted in the fatal shooting in 2007 of Rialto police officer Sergio Carrera Jr. was sentenced Tuesday to 14 years in prison.
Krist Antonio Wiggins' sentence was the longest possible based on verdicts by juries, who convicted Wiggins of involuntary manslaughter plus a "special allegation" that he discharged a firearm.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds