Man sentenced to 14 years in Calif. officer's killing
Krist Antonio Wiggins' sentence was the longest possible based on verdicts by juries
By Will Bigham
Inland Valley (Calif.) Daily Bulletin
FONTANA - A man convicted in the fatal shooting in 2007 of Rialto police officer Sergio Carrera Jr. was sentenced Tuesday to 14 years in prison.
Krist Antonio Wiggins' sentence was the longest possible based on verdicts by juries, who convicted Wiggins of involuntary manslaughter plus a "special allegation" that he discharged a firearm.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help