A half-century later, Wis. city honors slain officer
By Andy Rathbun
St. Paul Pioneer Press
While on duty with the Hudson Police Department during the summer in 1953, Carol Weber's father was shot and killed trying to stop a robber.
Clarence Erickson Jr. was 26 years old and had been a cop for about a year. He had known for only a few weeks that he was to be a father for the first time.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman