Police officer collapses, dies during training
Police officer Kevin Sandoval died as he participated in departmental training
Duty Death: Kevin Sandoval - [Pasadena, California]
By PoliceOne Staff
PASADENA, Calif. — Officer Kevin Sandoval died Tuesday after he collapsed and hit his head during departmental training.
According to ODMP, when he collapsed, officers from the South Pasadena Police Department and the Pasadena Police Department were conducting a multi-agency training scenario. He died at Foothill Presbyterian Hospital one hour after his collapse despite immediate medical treatment from officers at the scene with paramedic training.
Officer Sandoval was 23 years old and had been with his department for two years after spending 18 months as a cadet. His parents and sister survive him.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform