Ohio cop saves boy on his birthday
Boy's mother: 'I thank God he was here to save my son's life'
By Tiffany Geter
Dayton Daily News
VANDALIA — With 25 years of experience as a police officer, Michael Scarpelli has encountered his share of life and death situations. But he had no idea an emergency call on March 31, would change both his life and that of 1-year-old Jamarion Jackson.
Scarpelli was on radar traffic detail in Vandalia, when he heard the distress call on a 1-year-old boy, a possible drowning victim. He said he sped to the scene since he was only two blocks away.
When he walked in the apartment, he saw the room decorated for a birthday party. He looked around to find Jamarion unresponsive on the couch. Scarpelli gave Jamarion the best gift on his birthday, a second chance at life.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio cop saves boy on his birthday
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police