Off-duty officer dies in motorcycle crash
Police officer Thomas Berry died Tuesday afternoon
By PoliceOne Staff
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — An off-duty police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident Tuesday.
Thomas Berry was taken to a local hospital after he crashed into an SUV, and he succumbed to his injuries that afternoon, WTVR reported.
Berry, an eight-year veteran of the Henrico County Police Department, is survived by his wife and children.
The unidentified driver of the SUV, who police say was leaving a shopping center at the time of the accident, sustained non-life threatening injuries. The fatal crash is under investigation.
Friends say Berry was a motorcycle enthusiast.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house