NC Deputy, 21, killed in car accident
David Jennings Dawson had been with his department for only two months
Duty Death: David Jennings Dawson - [Snow Hill, North Carolina]
By PoliceOne Staff
SNOW HILL, N.C. — A 21-year-old sheriff’s deputy who had been with his department for only two months was killed in a car accident Monday night.
Deputy David Jennings Dawson’s vehicle veered off the road before crossing back over the highway and hitting a fence, a tree, and a utility box, the Highway Patrol said.
The Greene County Sheriff’s deputy had recently graduated from Lenoir Community College, Dawson’s mother told WNCT. He "would do anything for anyone," she said.
Investigators are working to gather more details about the accident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform