NC Deputy, 21, killed in car accident
David Jennings Dawson had been with his department for only two months
Duty Death: David Jennings Dawson - [Snow Hill, North Carolina]
By PoliceOne Staff
SNOW HILL, N.C. — A 21-year-old sheriff’s deputy who had been with his department for only two months was killed in a car accident Monday night.
Deputy David Jennings Dawson’s vehicle veered off the road before crossing back over the highway and hitting a fence, a tree, and a utility box, the Highway Patrol said.
The Greene County Sheriff’s deputy had recently graduated from Lenoir Community College, Dawson’s mother told WNCT. He "would do anything for anyone," she said.
Investigators are working to gather more details about the accident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help