DPS Officer killed in head-on crash
Sixty-three-year-old Corporal John Kendall crossed over the median
Duty Death: John Kendall - [Baton Rouge, Louisiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
HOLDEN, La. — A DPS Capitol Police officer was killed in a three-car crash Tuesday night.
Corporal John Kendall, 63, was driving on an interstate highway when he crossed over the median and hit two other vehicles traveling in the opposite direction, according to state troopers.
Kendall, a retired state trooper, died at the scene, according to WAFB. His name will be engraved onto a memorial wall.
"He epitomizes when you talk about a police officer. The dedication, the integrity of why you wear this badge," said Louisiana State Police Colonel Mike Edmonson.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds