Video: NYPD unit saves 30 Rock jumper
Emergency Service Unit cops arrived at the 70-foot rooftop
By Kevin Fasick, Kirstan Conley and Michael Blaustein
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A desperate man, overwhelmed at losing his job, hopped a 6-foot barrier outside the "Top of the Rock" observation deck yesterday and spent a terrifying hour threatening to jump from the 70th-floor rooftop before he was pulled to safety.
George Ruiz, 23 - his face covered in an American-flag bandanna - dangled his legs over the ledge of the GE Building at about 3:50 p.m. while cops cleared the crowd from Rockefeller Plaza, 850 feet below.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video: NYPD unit saves 30 Rock jumper
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms