Pa. Detective commits suicide after standoff
Lawrence Carpico worked a string of high-profile cases
By Brian Bowling
Pittsburgh Tribune Review
MT. LEBANON, Pa. — The parents of a Mt. Lebanon teen whose life was saved in 2007 by an off-duty Allegheny County homicide detective mourned the loss of their daughter's guardian angel.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office wouldn't identify the man who killed himself on Saturday night after a four-hour police standoff on Adeline Avenue in Mt. Lebanon, but the house is owned by Allegheny County homicide Detective Lawrence Carpico.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. Detective commits suicide after standoff
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy