Army civilian police officer dies after test run
Twenty-nine-year-old Bart Child of Sierra Vista collapsed Thursday morning
Duty Death: Bart Child - [Fort Huachuca, Arizona]
By PoliceOne Staff
FORT HUACHUCA — An army civilian police officer died Thursday morning after collapsing during a training run.
Bart Child, 29, collapsed as he was completing the run with another officer at Fort Huachuca in southern Arizona as part of preparation for the Department of the Army Police Academy.
Child was taken to Sierra Vista Regional Health Center, where he later died.
Child had been transferred to Fort Huachuca last month.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend