Tenn. Constable dies following car accident
Constable Ross Potter, 81, struck a utility pole head-on
Duty Death: Ross Potter - [Carter County, Tennessee]
By PoliceOne Staff
CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. — A Tennessee Constable has succumbed to injuries sustained from an earlier car crash.
Constable Ross Potter, 81, struck a utility pole head-on as he was driving his department vehicle two weeks ago, according to ODMP. The civilian passenger riding with him died on impact, and Potter was transported to Johnson City Medical Center, where he was in critical condition until he passed away.
A US Navy veteran of the Korean War, Potter had served as the elected constable of Carter County’s Sixth District for 29 years.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms