Off-duty Calif. cop killed in motorcycle crash
Christopher Blakeley, 26, was a three-year police veteran
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN DIEGO — An off-duty San Diego police officer was killed in a motorcycle accident Wednesday night.
Christopher Blakeley, 26, was traveling eastbound when he possibly ran a red light and struck a pickup truck, according to NBC San Diego.
Witnesses reported the motorcycle was going very fast just prior to hitting the truck and flipping it over. Two passengers, a man and a woman, suffered minor injuries, sources said.
Blakeley was a three-year veteran of the department and had been assigned to the Southeastern Division since November 2008.
"When an officer dies, no matter how they die, it's tragic," his supervisor said. "Especially when they're so young."
Four officers from the San Diego Police Department have died in the past five weeks.
View more videos at: http://nbcsandiego.com
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests