Fla. officer saves unresponsive newborn
Officer Lance Griffis used CPR to revive child who had stopped breathing
By Dan Scanlan
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Fast action by a Jacksonville police officer saved the life of a baby on a downtown street.
As his mother prepared to bring her baby home Friday from Wolfson Children's Hospital, all she had time to say was "thank you" to Officer Lance Griffis.
"I'm happy he was around to help," said Kimya Brisbane.
Sheriff John Rutherford also congratulated Griffis in person after speaking to him about the rescue effort, according to a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office video posted on their YouTube channel.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman