Corporal dies after working fire cleanup
Cpl. Kevin Aigner reported difficulty breathing
By PoliceOne Staff
AUSTIN, Texas — A Travis County Corporal has died after suffering from difficulty breathing while on duty, officials say.
Corporal Kevin Aigner started feeling ill Saturday morning while working at an area of Steiner Ranch, an area recently ravaged by wildfire.
Aigner was transferred to Seton Medical Center for treatment, and he later passed away.
Cpl. Aigner was a highly decorated deputy who served as a peace officer since 1996, working in Travis County for 11 years, according to KXAN.
An autopsy will be performed to determine a cause of death, and funeral arrangements are pending.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house