Sgt. found dead after investigating complaint
A fisherman found the body of Sgt. Paul Stuckey at a ferry landing in La.
Duty Death: Paul Stuckey - [West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. — A 47-year-old Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries officer was shot and killed while investigating a night hunting complaint.
Sergeant Paul Stuckey's last known communication with his department was at 2:15 a.m. identifying that he was responding to the call, WDSU reported.
A few hours later, a fisherman found his body at a ferry landing along the Mississippi River. He apparently sufffered a gunshot blast to the chest, according to reports.
"Our hearts go out to the Stuckey family and his extended family of fellow agents will be there to help them through this tough time," said Col. Winton Vidrine.
No suspects have been identified.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help