Sgt. found dead after investigating complaint
A fisherman found the body of Sgt. Paul Stuckey at a ferry landing in La.
Duty Death: Paul Stuckey - [West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana]
By PoliceOne Staff
ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. — A 47-year-old Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries officer was shot and killed while investigating a night hunting complaint.
Sergeant Paul Stuckey's last known communication with his department was at 2:15 a.m. identifying that he was responding to the call, WDSU reported.
A few hours later, a fisherman found his body at a ferry landing along the Mississippi River. He apparently sufffered a gunshot blast to the chest, according to reports.
"Our hearts go out to the Stuckey family and his extended family of fellow agents will be there to help them through this tough time," said Col. Winton Vidrine.
No suspects have been identified.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert