'Make a Wish' grants boy's dream of meeting cops
By Katelyn Sykes
GONZALES, Calif. — If you had one wish in the world, what would it be?
For one very special little boy from New York state, it was to meet a police and fire department on the central coast.
"It was spectacular. I mean, it brought tears to our eyes just to see the greeting that they gave us and the escorts and Shane was just so excited. It's just a dream come true for him and our family," said Kim Hayes, Shane Terry's mother.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house