Ariz. cop succumbs to gunshot wounds, dies
Officer Brad Jones was shot Friday night and hours later died at a hospital
Duty Death: Brad Jones - [Glendale, Arizona]
GLENDALE, Ariz. — A police officer in the Phoenix suburb of Glendale died early Saturday after being shot during a late-night confrontation with a man at an apartment complex, a police spokeswoman said.
Officer Brad Jones was shot Friday night and hours later died at a hospital of his wounds, Glendale police officer Tracey Breeden said.
The suspect was later shot by other officers and was in critical condition at a Phoenix-area hospital Saturday morning, Breeden said. He was identified Ryan Heisler, 20, of Glendale.
Jones was 26 and a four-year veteran of the department. He is survived by his wife, Cindy, and two young children.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house