Calif. cop dies after surgery for on-duty injury
Police Officer Daniel Clark had been with the San Bernardino Police Department for 20 years
Duty Death: Daniel Clark - [San Bernardino, California]
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — A police officer passed away as the result of complications from surgery, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page.
Officer Daniel Clark, 49, injured his ankle while on duty in January. Clark was recovering at home from a corrective procedure he underwent in October when he had an apparent pulmonary embolism, sources said.
The 20-year San Bernardino Police veteran — also a father and a husband — was transported to a hospital where he passed away.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman