Texas cop saves boy from zip-tie strangulation
By PoliceOne Staff
PASADENA, Texas — The Houston Chronicle reports that a ‘routine’ traffic stop in Pasadena (Texas) suddenly turned into a medical emergency when a panic-stricken woman approached the officer with her son — thought to be five or six years old — whose neck was constricted by a zip-tie.
The officer, who declined to be identified, indicated that he could not slip his finger between the boy’s neck at the tie because it was too tight. He reportedly used a seat-belt cutter to free the child.
“While there have been no similar instances in the Houston area, officials wanted to emphasize the possible hazards, including choking, of the plastic ties,” said the Houston Chronicle.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house